Sweden asks you to hate it.


This is a real story. It shows you how Sweden turns someone who likes and visits it each year to someone who hate it and discovers the racist exists in Sweden that makes you hate it. The question will you hate it?
The story starts when a professor from the Faculty of Education called me and asked me if I would like to work for a project with Stockholm University in Sweden? And since, I haven't been in Sweden before -knowing that I have traveled to 14 countries, for example America, Canada, Japan, France, Belgium...etc. In addition to my previous work for 3 years as an Egyptian diplomat in London- I agreed.
We started our negotiations with the Swedish side and wrote a nice proposal which has been submitted to a Swedish funding agency. Indeed, we have secured funding, including two visits for Egyptian team to Sweden and one visit for Swedish team to Egypt.
In August 2016, we started our project and me and my friend went to Stockholm. Kick off meeting had been taking place at Stockholm University. They organized a very nice trip to Stockholm Royal Palace. The volume of greenery, health nature and friendly people have had the greatest impact on my love for this country from the first visit.
In November 2016, the Swedish team visited our university in Egypt and had several scientific meetings. Also, we organized a trip to Alexandria (Mediterranean bride) and we had swimming in warm waters. A timetable was set for the completion of the project and based on it, we traveled for second time to Sweden to present the results of the project in January 2017. This time it was winter, and I shocked because the difference between Sweden in summer and Sweden in winter. In summer the day is very long, and the atmosphere is wonderful. However, in the winter it comes in early darkness, giving a feeling of inactivity and sleep.
In the meantime, we have seen the large number of immigrants to Sweden who fled their country as a result of the wars, how those migrants find it difficult to become involved in Swedish society and to be active in the development of this beautiful country. Therefore, an idea came to us, that we could write another project to be held in Sweden to organize several training courses for those immigrants in different subjects to let the, able to be involved in Swedish society.  Again, we submitted it to one NGO in Sweden to secure funding, and we won this too.
I forgot to mention that first time I applied for Visa, I submitted the invitation of Stockholm University, then I got a visa to enter only once, also when I submitted it for the second time. However, in the third time I submitted the invitation of NGO, I got visa for one year with multi-entry that ends in June 2019 - please remember this date, as I will need it later -
In August 2018, my friend and I have traveled to Sweden and gave several courses in the Kista city and Uppsala city, and it was nice that a police man joined us and gave minutes to complete the benefit for the listeners.
But in Uppsala we arrived during the summer holiday and stayed in the university campus which was totally empty except for the big rabbits and the delicious apples on the floor under the trees. I was walking early in the morning around the dense gardens around the university and eating the berries from the surrounding trees. But walking every day for a week without seeing people at all gave you two different emotions, the first that you are the king of all these empty lands, the second is that you are lonely, which let me remember the popular ideals in Egypt “Heaven without people – no entry”.
It was a happy day when an Indian PhD student and his family returned from vacation and thus had neighbors in this empty space. Finally, we went back to Egypt.
In April 2019, I decided to have 6 months as a vacation, I went first to Turkey, and after nice time there, I decided to go to Sweden in July 2019 to follow up my students there and gave extra courses. However, my multi-entry visa just expired one month ago.
Therefore, I applied for the fourth time for visa and submitted a new invitation from the same NGO. However, I shocked because this time they rejected my documents!!!! I appealed at the Swedish Embassy in Istanbul, but the rejected again. I sent the following to Sweden:
Appeal against rejecting my application for visa

Background
You have rejected my visa for Sweden, without any sold reason. You did not give any respect to my title in the passport which is vice dean for computer faculty; or for scholar who already invited -as your letter said- by Stockholm University; the x-diplomate for Egypt in UK; the scholar who visited 15 countries including USA, Canada, UK, France, Japan,…etc. with no single rejection. The scholar who is working as volunteer in NGO in Sweden to help refugee to cooperate in a good manner with Sweden society. This NGO invited me in the last 2 times, and this is the 3rd time with the same NGO, however, you rejected!
Your points and my justification
-        You searched on Internet and find it in Cairo, and I did not submit any documents regarding my occupation!!
Here is the link of my occupation on the university’ website
As well my title in the passport.
-        You wonder what I do in Turkey and why I have short-term residence permit while my work in Egypt!
Please know that any person has a right to have a vacation, and in my case I have 6 months’ vacation, and as the tourist visa type in Turkey not allow to stay all this period, I obtained a short-term residence, which should be added point to my application not negative point, as I used to obey the regulation of all countries.
Attached is my Confirmed Return Air-Ticket to Egypt at 10/10/2019, however, I’m going to postponed it until I finish my visit to Sweden first.
-        You said I did not show my socioeconomic situation.
This is the mistake for your agent VFS-Global, as they refuse to take my bank accounts statement and said “there is no need for it”
Attached my Bank accounts In Dollar ($) & Sterling pound & Turkish Lira, please note that all this money is just what I have in this trip in Turkey, and I have a lot in Egypt.
-        You said the invited organization will fund your trip and you ask about their financial status.
Please note that this NGO and I work as volunteer, and they just offer a room in their organization and air-ticket and they invited my twice before and I did my job their and returned to Egypt.
-        You claim that I’ll not leave before the expire of the visa!!
If you check my 3 visits to Sweden, you can easily recognize that I left before the expire of the visa and may enter only once although I have multiple entries (because some time we duplicate the effort to finish early).


Final Word:
As my passport shows that I arrived Turkey on 14/4/2019 while my previous Multiple Entry Visa to Sweden finish at 15/6/2019, which means I had 60 days to disconnect my vacation here and travel to Sweden without need new visa, that is mean that I has no intention to stay in Sweden after my visa expire.

Best Regards
Signature: 

However, they rejected again, after I returned to Egypt as scheduled, I sent an e-mail to Swedish embassy in Cairo, and they replied within 1 hour only, and said I must rise a case in Sweden!!!
Thanks Sweden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ابناؤنا ....و...العالم الافتراضى

تفاح السويد وفراولة مصر